Have a question?
Gear rack is a special gear whose teeth are distributed on the strip.
1. The basic concept:
The rack can be divided into a spur gear rack and a helical gear rack, which are paired with a spur gear and a helical gear, respectively; the tooth profile of the rack is definitely a straight line Bearing rather than an involute (planar for the tooth surface) , equal to the indexing circle radius is infinite cylindrical gear.
2. The main features:
(1) Since the tooth profile of the rack is direct, each point on the tooth profile gets the same pressure position and is add up to the inclination angle of the tooth profile. This angle is named the tooth position and the typical value is 20°.
(2) The same pitch and modulus are given on any of the direct lines parallel to the top line.
(3) A range parallel to the very best line of the tooth and having a tooth thickness add up to the width of the tooth groove is named a dividing collection (middle line), which really is a reference series for calculating the size of the rack.
3. The main parameters:
Groove width, high tooth tip, high root elevation, tooth height, tooth thickness, root radius, etc.
4. The decision of parameters:
(1) Whether the equipment is beating, the full tooth depth, the common normal collection, the tooth direction is qualified, the tooth pitch is poor, and the circumferential section error is out of tolerance.
(2) Whether the installation distance following the gears and racks are installed is appropriate.
(3) The rack and gear meshing clearance ought to be 0.25* modulus.
(4) Whether the full tooth depth, runout, and common normal type of the rack are competent.
5. Processing methods:
Gear rack and pinion machining technique:
(2) gear shaping
(4) grinding teeth